Dayna C. Finkelstein
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5348||f. +1.215.832.5348|
Dayna Finkelstein concentrates her practice in commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and joint venture work. She represents real estate owners, borrowers, developers, tenants, and stakeholders in both local and national transactions involving a wide range of asset classes, encompassing retail, office, multifamily, and industrial properties. She has significant experience representing Real Estate Investment Trusts (“REITs”) in both single asset and portfolio transactions. Ms. Finkelstein also counsels private equity firms and other sophisticated corporate clients on the real estate aspects of mergers, stock purchases and other corporate transactions across a wide range of industries.
She is a former member of Blank Rome’s Associates Committee and has been a mentor to summer associates through the Firm’s summer associate program for the past several years.
While in law school, Ms. Finkelstein served as Comments Editor of the Penn State Law Review. She was also a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board and the Woolsack Honor Society.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture purchase of 15 shopping centers totaling 4.3 million square feet throughout Western New York, with assets featuring high-quality, national retail tenants.
- The negotiation on behalf of a retailer as tenant of its 52,000 square foot warehouse lease and related advice regarding transitions periods between leases.
- The sale of 64 multi-family properties located throughout nine states and totaling more than 20,000 units to a global private equity firm.
- The sale of a mall outside of Boston, Massachusetts on behalf of the largest publicly traded real estate operating companies in the country.
- The $352 million sale of a portfolio company that is a leading provider of vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion services to government and commercial customers. The transaction involved the sale of over 500 acres of real estate located in Alabama and Florida.
- The acquisition of 32 office properties located in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
- Joint venture purchase of a multifamily portfolio involving properties located throughout the United States.
- The sale of one of the largest office buildings in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. The April 11, 2007, Real Estate ALERT listed the sale as one of the U.S.’s largest single-property commercial deals in the first quarter of 2007.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Finkelstein has represented various pro bono clients through Philadelphia VIP.
She has held numerous leadership positions within Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia (“JFGP”). She currently serves as a board member of JFGP’s Commission on Social Responsibility. She is also a member of JFGP’s Innovation Fund Committee, a program committee member of Jewish Federation Real Estate (“JFRE”), and a participant in the Ben Gurion Society. She was also selected as JFGP’s co-chair for recruitment to 2016’s national General Assembly conference, which took place in Washington D.C.