|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5654||f. +1.215.832.5654|
CHAIR, REAL ESTATE PRACTICE GROUP
Pelayo Coll maintains a national practice counseling clients in all facets of real estate transactions. Mr. Coll focuses on assisting clients in sales and acquisitions, financings, leasing, and entity structuring and restructuring for many types of projects including:
- office and industrial buildings
- residential and mixed use projects
- healthcare facilities
- retail developments
- automobile and other specialty uses
Mr. Coll is fluent in Spanish.
- A large regional owner of multifamily properties in numerous acquisitions and financings.
- A major pension fund adviser in acquisitions and dispositions of office and multifamily properties.
- The nation’s leading specialty finance company for automotive retail real estate in financings and dispositions.
- Restructuring of various loans on behalf of large national bank.
- Acquisitions and financing of senior care facilities in Florida, Maryland and Pennsylvania for a large national senior housing developer.
- A publicly traded finance company with particular focus on healthcare-related financing transactions.
- Acquisition and financing of Worldwide Plaza, a 47-story Class A building in New York City in a joint venture sponsored by George Comfort & Sons, Inc.
A partnership consisting of George Comfort & Sons, DRA Advisors LLC, and RCG Longview—owners of the iconic Worldwide Plaza in midtown Manhattan—in the sale of nearly half of its ownership interest in the property to American Realty Capital. The property is valued in excess of $1.25 billion—more than twice the 2009 acquisition cost.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Coll is the Chair of the Board of Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha, Inc. (“APM”), which is a Latino-based health, human services, community and economic development non-profit organization helping Philadelphia area families achieve their full potential in life. APM has been listed as one of the 25 largest Latino non-profits in the US. He also serves on the board of directors and Executive Committee of The Center for Literacy, Inc., which is the U.S.’s largest community-based non-profit literacy provider, and the first in Pennsylvania. Mr. Coll was appointed by Mayor Michael Nutter to the Mayor’s Task Force on Tax Policy & Economic Competitiveness in 2009.