Brian S. Gocial
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5424||f. +1.215.832.5424|
Brian Gocial concentrates his practice on government contract and international trade law, providing cost-effective legal and regulatory assistance to clients. Mr. Gocial represents government contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers before federal and state agencies under a variety of federal and state programs throughout the United States and the world.
Mr. Gocial is co-author of the Pennsylvania Government Contract Handbook, 2009–2010 ed., published by the West division of Thomson Reuters. Please click here for details.
Mr. Gocial’s experience includes advising clients in a variety of business sectors and disciplines including:
- Defense, weapons procurement, and defense support equipment;
- Service contracting;
- Electronic, computer, and advanced technology programs;
- Construction of wide range of public works and infrastructure requirements;
- GSA and other multiple award schedule contracting;
- Small businesses, including 8(a), women-owned, veteran-owned, and HUB-Zone preferences; and
- Export controls.
A sample list of discrete areas of assistance include:
- Proposal preparation;
- Bid and Small business size protests;
- Contract administration and claims prevention;
- Contract disputes and litigation;
- Contract audits;
- Subcontracts, joint venture agreements, and teaming agreements;
- Fraud, mandatory disclosure requirements, and ethical compliance programs;
- Grants and cooperative agreements;
- Suspension and debarment;
- Due diligence for corporate transactions.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations compliance;
- Export Control Reform initiatives;
- Commodity jurisdiction Requests;
- Voluntary disclosures;
- Internal compliance audits;
- Export compliance policies;
- Export compliance training;
- Due diligence for corporate transactions; and
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”) filings.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Gocial has served on the Board of Directors of the National Defense Industrial Association Delaware Chapter since 2005, and was elected to a two-year term as President of the Board in May 2015.