Brian S. Gocial
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5424||f. +1.215.832.5424|
Brian Gocial concentrates his practice on government contract and international trade law, providing cost-effective legal and regulatory assistance to clients. Mr. Gocial represents government contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers before federal and state agencies under a variety of federal and state programs throughout the United States and the world.
Mr. Gocial is co-author of the Pennsylvania Government Contract Handbook, 2009–2010 ed., published by the West division of Thomson Reuters. Please click here for details.
Mr. Gocial’s experience includes advising clients in a variety of business sectors and disciplines including:
- Defense, weapons procurement, and defense support equipment;
- Service contracting;
- Electronic, computer, and advanced technology programs;
- Construction of wide range of public works and infrastructure requirements;
- GSA and other multiple award schedule contracting;
- Small businesses, including 8(a), women-owned, veteran-owned, and HUB-Zone preferences; and
- Export controls.
A sample list of discrete areas of assistance include:
- Proposal preparation;
- Bid and Small business size protests;
- Contract administration and claims prevention;
- Contract disputes and litigation;
- Contract audits;
- Subcontracts, joint venture agreements, and teaming agreements;
- Fraud, mandatory disclosure requirements, and ethical compliance programs;
- Grants and cooperative agreements;
- Suspension and debarment;
- Due diligence for corporate transactions.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations compliance;
- Export Control Reform initiatives;
- Commodity jurisdiction Requests;
- Voluntary disclosures;
- Internal compliance audits;
- Export compliance policies;
- Export compliance training;
- Due diligence for corporate transactions; and
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) filings.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Gocial is a member of the board of directors for the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the National Contract Management Association. In June 2015, he was elected president of the National Defense Industrial Association's Delaware Chapter for a two-year term.