|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5584||f. +1.215.832.5584|
Julie Reid concentrates her practice in employment and labor law. She provides strategic advice and counseling to clients regarding matters involving:
- employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- employment policies and practices
- FMLA, ADA, and medical leave issues
- employment contracts and separation agreements
- reductions in force and risk management
- employment and labor aspects of corporate transactions
- wage and hour compliance
- restrictive covenants and protection of corporate assets
- technology and social media issues
- affirmative action compliance
Ms. Reid represents clients in litigation before federal and state courts and various administrative agencies in matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, restrictive covenant violations, breach of contract, and wage and hour violations. Ms. Reid conducts training seminars on a variety of topics including handling harassment and discrimination complaints, litigation avoidance, the intersection of various medical leave laws, wage and hour issues, and workplace technology and privacy.
Ms. Reid advises federal contractors and subcontractors in affirmative action compliance and in preparing and defending affirmative action programs, and has handled a number of government audits. Ms. Reid also represents employers in traditional labor matters including collective bargaining negotiations, labor arbitrations, representation proceedings, and unit clarification proceedings.
- Successfully resolved a multi-plaintiff race discrimination and harassment lawsuit in federal court on behalf of a large building services company.
- Attained a successful settlement and dismissal of lawsuit on the eve of trial in a disability discrimination lawsuit in federal court on behalf of an insurance services company.
- Achieved early dismissals and successful resolutions for cemetery services company of multiple discrimination and retaliation claims filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
- Litigated and successfully settled several preliminary injunction matters for a large medical device company involving violations of restrictive covenants.
- Achieved summary judgment, affirmed by a U.S. Court of Appeals, for a medical device company in a contentious defamation lawsuit.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a class action filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging violations of the ADEA.
- Developed and implemented affirmative action plans for cable service company’s numerous facilities across the United States, and successfully handled several government compliance audits.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Reid provides pro bono legal services to various organizations to assist them in enhancing their employment policies and practices. Ms. Reid is a member of a local women’s community service organization.