Brian S. Paszamant
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5791||f. +1.215.832.5791|
Mr. Paszamant has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation. He has served these clients in areas including:
- commercial torts
- corporate—contract disputes, mergers, and acquisitions
- intellectual property
- trade secrets
- bankruptcy-related litigation
- real estate litigation
- appellate litigation
Mr. Paszamant is a member of the Firm's Commercial Litigation practice group, ranked by U.S. News and World Report as National Tier 1 and Philadelphia Tier 1 in its "Best Law Firms" rankings for 2015.
- Publicly traded branding company; jury awarded $43.8 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages in a “hotly contested” litigation involving breach of contract and fiduciary duty, trademark infringement, conversion, and other claims; subsequent $8.31 million fee and cost award; client entitled to $95.5 million in value following appeal. (Click here for opinion)
- Regional healthcare system and law firm co-defendants; jury returned a defense verdict in litigation involving malicious prosecution and abuse of process claims; upheld on appeal. (Click here for opinion)
- Publicly traded regional utility in securing summary judgment and complete dismissal of $25 million breach of contract claim.
- Regional real estate developer in securing the vacation of a $15.7 million judgment entered pursuant to an arbitration award. (Click here for opinion)
- Publicly traded biosciences company; dismissal of fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims (all claims) brought by the company's former CEO and President, seeking $23.3 million in damages; upheld on appeal.
- Co-founder and 50% owner of privately-held regional produce distribution company in a $24.6 million settlement of shareholder/breach of fiduciary duty litigation (client entitled to entirety of settlement amount). (Click here for opinion)
- Publicly traded medical device company; secured complete withdrawal of all claims brought by a former company Director including claims pursuant to the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Regional real estate developer; secured complete early withdrawal of all claims brought by a homeowners association, including claims of fraud, seeking $3 million in damages.
- Representation of the majority leader of the Pennsylvania Senate in connection with state and federal reapportionment efforts; plan approved by Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and injunction denied by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and affirmed by Court of Appeals. (Click here for opinions)
- Institutional investor; secured denial of a preliminary injunction seeking to prevent the foreclosure on real property in satisfaction of a $14.875 million deficiency, as well as subsequent complete dismissal of action.
- Publicly traded financial services software provider in successful defense of $13.6 million breach of contract action. (Click here for opinions)
- Publicly traded branding company; prosecution of and $1 million settlement in federal litigation involving breach of contract, trademark infringement and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Publicly traded branding company in complete dismissal of $9.25 million breach of stock option agreement claim.
- Regional advertising agency; summary dismissal of $1.4 million "earn out" claim brought by the sellers of an entity previously acquired by the advertising agency.
- Publicly traded aerospace and defense company; complete dismissal of $7.5 million breach of contract claim initiated by international defense contractor.
- National traffic control and protection service company; complete dismissal of breach of contract action.
- Regional real estate developer in litigation involving claims arising from failed $40 million sale transaction. (Click here for opinion)
- Regional real estate developer in defense of million dollar judgment; complete dismissal of petition to open judgment; dismissal affirmed and allocator denied. (Click here for opinions)
- Regional real estate developer in securing injunction of improperly commenced multi-million dollar arbitration proceeding and associated award of attorney's fees and costs. (Click here for opinion)
- NBA basketball player in litigation involving endorsement contract.
- Investment banks, as plaintiffs, in litigations involving non-payment of fees, including $800,000 settlement of action for non-payment of fees (client entitled to entirety of settlement amount).
- Condominium owner, as plaintiff, in water/mold damage litigation, resulting in $1.42 million settlement (client entitled to entirety of settlement amount).
- Co-op purchaser, in declaratory judgment litigation, resulting in judgment that co-op board had exceeded its authority in enacting a policy aimed at preventing purchase of co-op; upheld on appeal. (Click here for opinion)
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Paszamant is a member of the Har Zion Temple Board of Directors and Budget Committee, and also serves as its counsel.