|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5754||f. +1.215.832.5754|
Alan Zeiger serves as the head of Blank Rome's Business Department, consisting of more than 190 attorneys practicing globally in numerous industries. He represents public and private companies and private equity funds, as well as entrepreneurs.
Mr. Zeiger is recognized as a leader in corporate and M&A law by Chambers USA. Chambers has noted he is "'prepared to go the extra mile' for clients and 'provides excellent insights and recommendations.' " Sources also say that "he is a great business attorney: he understands the business and how to negotiate from a pragmatic standpoint." He has also received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
He frequently counsel clients in the following areas:
- mergers and acquisitions
- life science companies
- early-stage seed capital
- private equity / venture capital
- joint venture transactions
- capital formation
- Industrial crane rental company in connection with its acquisition, strategy and subsequent recapitalization by several leading private equity funds.
- Medical diagnostic company in connection with several rounds of financing and its becoming a public company.
- Late-stage venture-capital fund in connection with its investment in a health information technology company.
- Late-stage mezzanine fund in connection with its funding of a management buyout of an enterprise software company.
- Formation of two private equity real estate funds.
- Medical instrumentation company in connection with its recapitalization by a leading private equity fund.
- Document and information management services company in connection with its recapitalization by a leading private equity fund.
- Management team, in connection with its acquisition of a distributor of homeland security products and its successful sale approximately two years later.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Zeiger is a sponsor for the Entrepreneurs' Organization in Philadelphia and is also a member of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group. Mr. Zeiger is Chair of the Educational Programming of Early Stage East, the initial venture-capital showcase for promising young companies. He also serves as a board member and chairman of the Legal Committee of Radnor Valley Country Club.
Mr. Zeiger serves on the Board of Directors for Community Backstop, a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising money to assist individuals and families encountering life-altering circumstances. He is also a board member of the IES Brain Research Foundation, which seeks to further research and education on numerous brain diseases and disorders.