Kevin J. Baum
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5612||f. +1.215.832.5612|
VICE CHAIR, FINANCE, RESTRUCTURING, AND BANKRUPTCY PRACTICE GROUP
Kevin Baum concentrates his practice in commercial finance, equipment finance and loan workouts and restructurings. He primarily represents banks, commercial finance companies, second-lien lenders, mezzanine lenders, and other institutional lenders, in addition to private equity firms, their portfolio companies, and other privately held companies. Mr. Baum counsels clients with respect to:
- commercial lending
- asset-based financing
- secured transactions
- mortgage warehouse financing
- healthcare financing
- acquisition financing
- equipment leasing and finance
- workouts and creditors’ rights
- accounts receivable factoring
Chambers USA notes that Mr. Baum is “[c]onsidered by his clients to be ‘one of the smartest attorneys out there; very knowledgeable when it comes to asset-based lending and security law, as well as very informative and supportive.’”
- Counsel to a national bank in the structuring, negotiating and documenting of revolving credit facilities to finance working capital needs of consumer finance companies.
- Counsel to a national bank in the structuring, negotiating and documenting of mortgage loan repurchase facilities to provide warehouse financing for residential mortgage loan originators.
- National bank, as agent and lead lender, in connection with a syndicated asset-based credit facility to a retail chain based in Virginia.
- National bank in connection with a going-private acquisition financing for an international IT training company.
- National bank in connection with an asset-based credit facility to a manufacturer and distributor of generic pharmaceuticals.
- National bank, as agent and lead lender, in connection with a private equity sponsor acquisition of a consumer finance company based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Regional bank as lender in connection with acquisition financing for a suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania commercial office complex.
- Commercial finance company as the term agent and lead term lender in connection with a senior secured term loan facility and equity co-investment to support the private equity sponsor acquisition of and ongoing financing needs of a developer, manufacturer and distributor of metals-based packaging and laminated materials.
- Mezzanine lender in connection with a junior secured term loan to specialty pharmacy focused on the pain management industry.
- Medical device manufacturer with operations in the United States and Asia in connection with its revolving credit and term loan credit facility.
- Designer, manufacturer and distributor of fashion apparel with operations in the United States and Honduras in connection with its syndicated asset-based credit facility.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Baum acts as a mediator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Landlord-Tenant Appellate Mediation Program. He is a former president of the board of directors of the Greene Towne Montessori School in Center City Philadelphia. He also has provided pro bono legal services to Paul’s Kids and the Sudanese Refugee Project. He is a 2011 member of the National MS Society’s MS Leaders Circle. He has been named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor each year from 2010 through 2013, and 2015.
- 2017, Banking & Finance Law, listed in Chambers USA
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.