Rebecca D. Ward
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5397||f. +1.215.832.5397|
Rebecca Ward concentrates her practice in general commercial litigation. She represents a variety of litigants in both state and federal court, with a focus in corporate acquisitions/mergers, trade secrets theft, disputes with former executive employees, and First Amendment issues.
Ms. Ward also serves as the partner in charge of the firm’s eDATA Center, which is responsible for the firm’s e-discovery and trial support capabilities.
- Publisher of one of the most popular video game franchises in the world in several matters asserting liability based upon a theory that the games "caused” the users to commit violent acts, including a case in which the Supreme Court of Alabama affirmed summary judgment in the client’s favor on a wrongful death claim.
- Leading defense industry contractors in trade secret and intellectual property disputes, and indemnity claims arising from corporate acquisitions/mergers.
- Leading supplier of financial accounting software in a dispute arising from a corporate acquisition.
- Publicly traded biosciences company; dismissal of fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims brought by the company's former CEO and President.
- International consulting firm serving the private sector, funding organizations and NGOs in emerging markets.
- Individual clients in intra-family corporate and trust transactions.
- Leading commercial real estate lender in dispute arising from luxury condominium development.
- Nationwide franchisor of stone and granite restoration services in dispute to enforce post-franchise restrictive covenant.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Ward is a member of the Board of the SeniorLaw Center. Ms. Ward also serves as a volunteer arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.