Arthur W. Hankin
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5446||f. +1.215.832.5446|
Arthur Hankin concentrates his practice in commercial and tort litigation with substantial emphasis upon matters and contracts arising from:
- product liability
- insurance coverage–listed as national trial counsel and panel counsel assigned to major claims for many carriers
- environmental exposures
- professional negligence
- med-mal defense
- E & O defense
- contracts defense of manufacturers
Mr. Hankin is list
- Carrier for Massport/Logan Airport after 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Coverage dispute involving environmental contamination in Lockheed Skunk Works plant during construction of Stealth Bomber with $1 billion in coverage at issue.
- Represented a manufacturer of an entertainment system for an international airline following a fatal crash caused by the burning of the insulation in the aircraft’s flight entertainment system.
- Defense of ELT manufacturer after failure of unit following crash of small plane in mountains.
- Defense of pilot’s estate following midair collision during flight instruction.
- Subrogation matter for repayment of total loss of airframe following forced landing after double failure of starter generators at night in Lear Jet.
- Med-mal defense of physician liability in case involving death of newborn.
- Hospital in dozens of cases arising out of employment of nurse who confessed to being a serial killer.
- Excess carrier of grower of green onions sued after 600 cases of hepatitis at a fast-food restaurant.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Hankin is director of the Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association and was a speaker at its 2005 annual meeting. He is an advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates and a member of the Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel. Mr. Hankin is a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight East. Mr. Hankin is also a Past Editor of the PA Negligence Digest and the PA Damages Digest.